What would a run in the NIT mean?

2,090 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ShoelessCU
Tigers Rise
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just posted on the story about the NIT...what is the value of this trip in your opinion and what would it mean if Clemson goes on a run or dare I say WINS the whole thing?
CLEMSON.81.16.18
That they underachieved during 5he regular season...
CLEMSON.81.16.18
The mumbling press conference after the NCSt game did it for me. Hope the Seniors get a good run in the NiT. But I'm over the CBB experiment. 9 years and a senior team. Making the tourney was doable. Beat Miami in regular season and NCSt in tourney and you are in. So a run in the NiT doesn't do anything for me with CBB.
ShoelessCU
I always I want to win! That being said it wouldn't change my opinion about BB even IF we win the NIT. He needs to be shown the door after the season concludes.

I mean come on... we were preseason ranked in the top 20, coming off a trip to the sweet 16, senior laden group, only lost one real contributor who didn't even finish the season last year. All our hopes were HIGH! And then to fall flat on our faces all year long? Yeah, I'm done. No NIT banners are gonna change that.
"The only disability in life is a bad attitude"

~ Scott Hamilton
ej10s
Actually, we lost 2 contributors from last season (Grantham got hurt towards the end of the season, but the real loss was Gabe Devoe...which turned out to be a bigger loss than I ever dreamed it would be). But I understand your point...a lot of pieces back with another year of experience to grow from...it sucks. And next year is gonna be rough with those pieces graduating...not a good situation.
ShoelessCU
Yep, not a good situation at all
"The only disability in life is a bad attitude"

~ Scott Hamilton
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.