What do you guys think about GT?

1,439 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 23bobbyg
ShoelessCU
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I watched a little bit of Temple's highlights from 2018 trying to get a feel for maybe what GT will look like without the Bone-of-wish setup and I was mostly underwhelmed by what I saw.

I'm sure mr. G-off will get Tech back into a competitive area in a couple of years but can we really expect them them to challenge much this season?

I haven't looked up recruiting rankings for GT so I'm not sure of their pure talent levels but I did see that Temple put up impressive offensive numbers last season with 3000+ team passing and 2000+ team rushing numbers.

Let's get some discussion going before the season kicks off!!
"The only disability in life is a bad attitude"

~ Scott Hamilton
CLEMSON.81.16.18
On offense until this last recruiting class that came it Paul J was getting players for his offense. So passing QB'S and receivers talent is down.

My question would be did they get a good QB this last cycle under the new Coach? Or a transfer?

Yeah they have the no film new coach advantage this year but I think the offensive talent and team speed gap is too big this year.

Last year Tamu game had the no film on Jumbos first game. But Tamu had been recruiting highly for years before Jimbo. And the crazy flukey plays like the plays that should have been intercepted. Especially the Muse play that was short and tip the low ball up to the receiver in the endzone. So it was a game. GT does not have the Tamu personnel on either side of the ball. I'm expecting about a 45-10 game.
TonyTiger
I think we will cruise. I do believe that they will be a lot better under Collins in two to three years.
Lawton Swann
Staff
I'll tell you this they are excited about the new offense. I don't think it gets going week one, but the recruiting and talent should improve significantly.
ShoelessCU
I think we'll see how far the gap is between GT and Clemson in the next few years really become obvious. I think GT will improve but I don't expect them to challenge us for a long time really. I would be shocked if they beat us the next 4 years.

I watched a few Temple game highlights from last season and some extended highlights and they run a good offense. They move the ball all over the place, play at a fast tempo and mix it up well. I completely expect them to score points and move the ball at times. But, from what I saw, the biggest reason they had some upsets and/or stayed in games maybe they shouldn't, was from the other team turning the ball over.

Turnovers will be important (duh!). I think if we limit their extra possessions and get out to a decent lead early we should be able to slow it down and pound them into submission.

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude"

~ Scott Hamilton
TonyTiger
The biggest thing this Thursday is the unknown. Other than that we should be good to go. (Even that doesn't really bother me though.)

23bobbyg
GT is gonna struggle in pass protection. They do not have an OL that is built or is vey experienced at it. They will have to build that through recruiting. They have lots of guys on offence that are shuffling to diffrent positions so they will probably struggle there as well. Their D should be OK.

Clemson wins.... By as mush as Dabo allows.
GT will not be able to stop Clemsons O
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.