Story Poster
Clemson Football Recruiting

Four-star Florida wide receiver Troy Stellato signs National Letter of Intent

December 16, 2020

Feel the difference - The MOST DIGITAL CONTENT covering your CLEMSON TIGERS! Avoid clickbait and sites bloated with advertising! 

★★★★ Troy Stellato - 6’1, 172 - Cardinal Gibbons High School, Fort Lauderdale, FL

Moments ago, Clemson picked up another great prospect as four-star wideout Troy Stellato‍ faxed in his National Letter of Intent.

Stellato’s signature brings Clemson another top prospect from the Sunshine State. Stellato visited Clemson during the Elite Junior Day in March.

The Fort Lauderdale, Florida native, attends Cardinal Gibbons High School and had nothing but good things to say about both the Tigers after committing over Ohio State in June.

“I kind of fell in love with everything they preach about and how they run their program. I felt like there wasn’t another program like it. They produce great wide receivers,” Stellato said.

Asked about why he picked the Tigers, Stellato noted that Coach Swinney and the environment just seemed to feel right.

“I feel like you couldn’t go wrong with each, but I had a gut feeling that’s where I wanted to be. I love everything about Clemson. I love the atmosphere,” Stellato said. “Fell in love with Coach Swinney and Coach Grisham. I can’t wait to get to work with him.”

Asked about the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on his recruitment, Stellato noted that his final visit was to Tiger Town and that it was a big deal.

“It was a huge factor because it was my last visit,” Stellato said. “They told me a lot of things that I wanted to hear. It felt like home. I didn’t want to be anywhere else.”

Overview: National top 300 player by all services … ranked No. 135 overall by Rivals.com, which listed him as the 20th-best player in Florida and 17th-best receiver in the nation … ranked No. 228 by 247Sports and No. 239 by ESPN.com … four-star signee according to ESPN.com and Rivals … posted 112 career receptions for 1,758 yards and 19 scores in 33 games … MaxPrep Preseason second-team All-American for 2020 … recorded 26 receptions for 325 yards and five scores in his first six games of a pandemic-shortened 2020 season … as a junior, recorded 42 receptions for 727 yards and nine scores, a 17.3 yards-per-reception average, in 13 games … as a sophomore, had 44 receptions for 706 yards and five scores in 14 games … had a career-long 77-yard catch and a 16.0 average that season … committed to Clemson on June 5, 2020 … recruited by Brent Venables and Tyler Grisham … played for Matt DuBuc at Cardinal Gibbons High School … born May 4, 2002.

Reminds us of:

Artavis Scott

Discussion from...

Four-star Florida wide receiver Troy Stellato signs National Letter of Intent

2,544 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Staff Reports
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.