Story Poster
Clemson Football

Update: We've got more thoughts on Brent Venables and Arkansas rumors

December 4, 2017

After hearing from Coach Venables and evaluating the entire interview, it wouldn't seem likely that anything happens before the end of Clemson's season. Being around Venables, he always seems content with where he is and the job he is doing. If I had to guess, I'd think he's back in Clemson next season.

I thought it was interesting when Venables said, "Bloom where you're planted." I don't know if that's an indicator one way or the other, but certainly referencing one of Dabo Swinney's phrases didn't go unnoticed. 

Today, at the Broyles Award ceremony, Venables was asked by Hayden Balgavy about the Arkansas job again. Here's what he had to say.

As a note, former Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris appears to be the target for the Razorbacks right now.

Discussion from...

Brent Venables addresses Arkansas rumors

10,154 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ouidadest
Tigers Rise
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ouidadest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I hope not. I hope having his son playing next year and his other son coming would make him stay. He is young, Clemson is good and he probably believes opportunities will come his way again. I know you have to take opportunities when you get them, but he is so good, more will come when the time is right.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.