ACC Kickoff Day 1: Atlantic Division Notes

1,317 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lukewinstel
Lawton Swann
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
We are here LIVE in Charlotte at ACC Kickoff as the Atlantic Division takes to the stage for the first day of the event. We will have plenty of news and notes throughout the day so stay tuned to ClemsonSportsTalk.com

We will have updates from the event, including both free and PREMIUM content including our exclusive interviews with Dabo Swinney, QB D.J. Uiagalelei, DE K.J. Henry, and OT Jordan McFadden.

The Commissioner's Forum will kick off the events beginning at 9:30 a.m. and will be streamed live on The ACC Network.
Lawton Swann
Staff
lukewinstel
Staff
Conference Commissioner Jim Phillips takes center stage to lead off the event:

Phillips notes the #ACC will change to a "3-5-5" scheduling model:

- Each team will face three primary opponents yearly while facing the other ten teams two times in each four-year cycle
- This ensures each school plays every team in the conference at least once at home and once on the road in each four-year cycle
- This model eliminates the Atlantic and Coastal divisions
- The top two teams will make the championship game based on their conference winning percentage

lukewinstel
Staff
Florida State Coach Mike Norvell fielded questions from the media about a variety of topics. Here are some of the highlights:

- On the growth of his starting quarterback, Jordan Travis: "I'll tell you that with Jordan being here and just seeing his growth and the ownership of this position and the opportunity that he has you look at the growth from this last season as he went through the year and just the confidence that started to show up within all of the experiences that he had on the field,"

- On expectations for the 2022 season: We have great expectations. The daily expectation with the season expectation is for us to go out there and be our best to improve daily, to go out there and not only be competitive, but to push to new limits of where we are and also where we're going.

- On last year's lackluster special teams unit: "This is a program that's built for playmakers, and it's one that that standard has been established, and it's -- we're working tirelessly to make sure that we get back to that standard of performance in our special team's units."

Florida State DT Fabien Lovett, QB Jordan Travis, and DB Jammie Robinson also spoke the ACC Kickoff:

- Lovett on his leadership role in the program: I would probably say I'm a growing-to-learn leader if that makes sense. I grow, and I watch people as I go along and just watch how they react to certain things and how they react to other teammates and coaches and players, and that's just how I go off, how I react to them, how I respond to them or find ways that push buttons to help them be more encouraged to do things.

- Robinson on the difference between SEC and ACC football: Probably the speed of the game. A lot of passing games. That's the main difference I can see just from the SEC; they're going to ground and pound and run the ball down your throat. In the ACC, it's kind of different. They're going to more spread and more RPO and stuff like that. When I got to the ACC, that's how I was trying to better my man coverage skills. That's another thing. The ACC, they're throwing the ball. I'm just trying to get better at that.

- Travis on his mindset heading into the fall: We got some new weapons. I've been working really hard on just technique. All the little parts of the game. Sitting in the pocket and not trying to scramble every single time. I've been working really hard. The offensive line has been working really hard to give me some time. I can't wait. It's going to be a great year.
Lawton Swann
Staff
Lawton Swann
Staff
lukewinstel
Staff
Check out the full video of the Clemson players at #ACCKickoff and their conversations at the podium:

lukewinstel
Staff
Check out the full video of Dabo Swinney addressing the media at #ACCKickoff:

lukewinstel
Staff
Clemson OL Jordan McFadden spent time with media in a breakout session at #ACCKickoff:

lukewinstel
Staff
lukewinstel
Staff
lukewinstel
Staff
lukewinstel
Staff
Clemson QB DJ Uiagalelei spent time with the media in a breakout session at #ACCKickoff:

lukewinstel
Staff
KJ Henry spent time with the media in a breakout session at #ACCKickoff:

lukewinstel
Staff
ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips comments on the current NIL situation in college football:

lukewinstel
Staff
New from Clemson Sports Talk: A brand new DJ: "Big Sweet Tooth" makes significant offseason changes

Read here: https://clemsonsportstalk.com/s/8111/a-brand-new-dj-big-sweet-tooth-makes-significant-offseason-changes

lukewinstel
Staff
lukewinstel
Staff
Phil Jurkovec (Boston College QB) Breakout Session - 2022 ACC Kickoff

lukewinstel
Staff
Zay Flowers (Boston College WR) Breakout Session - 2022 ACC Kickoff

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.