Clemson Football

Malcolm Greene says Tigers will 'have a laser focus' at Wake Forest

September 21, 2022

TAKE ADVANTAGE → Get THREE MONTHS of coverage for just $1.

📺 Click here to watch this week's videos from Clemson's time with the media! ðŸ“º

Malcolm Greene

On the defensive performance:

“I feel like we matured as a defense, really. I feel like we saw a lot of our young guys get out there and grow up and get the opportunity they've been waiting for.  They stood up to the challenge.”

On the first half vs. second half:

“It was a matter of just being who you are and focusing on your keys and doing the little things right.  A lot of our mess-ups happened when we were not locked in on our assignments, and we weren't focused on the little things. That makes big plays happen.”

On the Bresee Family:

“(We think about him) every second of every day.  We always try to make sure we have a good mindset toward the situation.  We try to always make sure we have him and his family in our prayers too.  (Dabo) Swinney is a big guy on trying to share the pain.  We know we can't take the pain away from him and his family. It's a very hard situation for him, but just trying to share the pain and let him know we're here for him and care for him as a brother and his family. RIP, Ella.”

On his interception:

“I feel like it was very big for our offense to score off of that play.  I was very happy to see that.  I feel like that was a play I'm not going to say I've been waiting for, but every DB wants picks.  If you’re focused on the right things and you pay attention to the keys and do the little things right, those plays will come.”

On the defensive performance through three games:

“I feel like we have a lot more growth, a lot of areas we can grow.  Us developing our depth and nurturing the young guys, that'll hold us very good throughout the season.  Just having them ready for war. I feel like we've been pretty good in the past three games, but it's all about the next one.  We have to dominate next week and have a laser focus on the next opponent-- and we will do so.”

Discussion from...

Malcolm Greene says Tigers will 'have a laser focus' at Wake Forest

1,704 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Staff Reports
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.