Photo by Ken Ruinard / staff / USA TODAY NETWORK
Clemson Football

Clemson DC Wes Goodwin: Tigers know what's 'still left on the table'

November 9, 2022

TAKE ADVANTAGE → Get THREE MONTHS of coverage for just $1.

Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more great content like this!

On learning from Saturday’s game:

“Can't let it beat us twice. Every goal that we have is still attainable.  The only thing is we won't be undefeated. The next goal is to win the division. We're tied at the moment, so Saturday is a great opportunity to fully clinch the division. After that, get to the state championship, win the ACC, and win the closer. All of our goals are still out in front of us.”

On the vision of the College Football Playoff:

“College football, anything can happen. So the goal is to get to 1-0 this week and see how all that shakes out at the end.”

Reflecting on mistakes vs. Notre Dame:

“I think there is always self-reflection.  You go back and see the issues that can be corrected and move forward.  Let's grow and learn from it. Everybody’s gotta own it, myself included.  Looking back on last week, I felt like it was our best week of preparation all season.  Everyone felt confident going into the game.  Everybody has gotta own it and grow from it.”

On Louisville:

“I think this is the most athletic and fastest team we will see all year.  A huge challenge, returning five starters up front.  They are athletic and want to be an outside-zone team.  Those guys are recruited and developed for that scheme and do a tremendous job.  They have some really good running backs, and obviously, the quarterback (Malik Cunningham) and how huge of a challenge he is.  They're playing with a lot of confidence.  It'll be a tremendous challenge this week.”

On motivating the team:

“I think everyone knows what is still left on the table and in front of us.  Everyone has shown up with the right mindset to get back to work.  Guys are hungry for information on how they can grow and get better from this.  We are all pulling in the same direction going forward.”

Discussion from...

Clemson DC Wes Goodwin: Tigers know what's 'still left on the table'

1,366 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Staff Reports
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.