Clemson Football

Barrett Carter: Clemson hoping to 'take care of business' against South Carolina

November 25, 2022

TAKE ADVANTAGE → Get THREE MONTHS of coverage for just $1.

Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more great content like this!

On adjusting on the field:

“You definitely have to have good eyes. When we play in the box, there’s so much eye candy going around, so you have to be really disciplined. You have to know your job. It’s weird. You can see the ball going to the right, but if your job is being on the left side, then you have to do that, so it’s tough. You have to just stay disciplined and do your job and trust that the other guys on the field are doing their job as well.”

On how he treats this week in preparation for South Carolina:

“We treat it like it’s any other game. Obviously, they are our rival, but it’s the next game. We’re not gonna make the game bigger than it is. We’re not gonna make the game smaller than it is. It’s a championship game every single game. They are coming off a big win, so, you know, we’re gonna just try to go in and take care of business.”

On if the Tennessee vs. South Carolina game surprised him and if that changes anything:

“No, it’s not gonna change anything. It didn’t surprise me. It’s college football at the end of the day. Anything can happen on any given day. But no, it didn’t surprise me, not at all. As I said, anything can happen with whoever you’re playing, so we just have to treat it like it’s any other game.”

On the possibility of winning eight in a row with South Carolina:

“Of course, we’re trying to get the win by any means, but the fact that we can make history, there’s always a little more to it. We’re gonna do anything we can to win. The fact that we can do eight in a row, which has never been done, is big time. We’re gonna try to get that done. That’s huge if we can make that happen.”

On playing South Carolina in Death Valley:

“I can’t wait. This game is always marked on the schedule for all Clemson fans just because they know how intense the rivalry is. I don’t think the time of the kickoff matters with the energy there. I’m excited for the atmosphere. I’m excited to play these guys and get to work.”

On Clemson’s chances of getting into the playoffs:

“I do feel really good about it. Anything can happen with college football on any given Saturday. I feel good about our chances, but if it’s not meant to be, then shoot, we’ll play in whatever game, and we’ll get the win. I’m really confident about it, and I think we’ll be in a good spot.”

Discussion from...

Barrett Carter: Clemson hoping to 'take care of business' against South Carolina

1,448 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cmead
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.