Photo by © Susan Lloyd/Clemson Sports Talk
Clemson Football

Stephiylan Green Gives Insight to Tigers' Defensive Success

September 14, 2024

TAKE ADVANTAGE → Get THREE Months of CST+ for just $1.00

On how much his redshirt year last year helped him prepare:

“I was behind Tyler Davis, Ruke Orhorhoro, and Peyton Page. They have taught me so much. They are some hardworking people, and you can see all their hard work has paid off in the NFL. It was definitely a great learning experience. I'm glad to be where I am right now.”

On Nick Eason’s coaching style and how he teaches him:

“He demands the best, he holds everybody accountable, treats everybody the same. I probably wouldn't be where I am today. I feel like he's the best coach in the nation. I love that I'm under him, and he taught me how to be a man and how to be a great player. [He is] teaching me the fundamentals and teaching me to stay humble.”

On what a film session is like and what they go through:

“We're going through formations, we're going through their sets, their hand placement. Just what they're bad at, what they're good at. Showing what you can do and what you can't do. The whole game plan was to keep them in the pocket. So our pass rush moves were just really power moves, so we can all clamp them in and keep them in the pocket.”

On post-game celebration and Coach Swinney and Coach Eason bringing energy:

“Just dancing in the locker room, just taking in the moment. Coach Swinney shows up late. I guess he's doing interviews after the game, and we'd just be having fun. Coach Eason be bringing the energy. He’s dancing with us and having a party with us. Showing all the emotion from the game and how excited we are.”

Shop at Alumni Hall: Clemson Nike Etienne Jr. #9 Replica Jersey

Discussion from...

Stephiylan Green Gives Insight to Tigers' Defensive Success

609 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Staff Reports
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.