Photo by © Susan Lloyd/Clemson Sports Talk
Clemson Football

T.J. Parker Explains how the Tigers will Prepare for N.C. State

September 20, 2024

On his impression of the rivalry with NC State, the recent history:

“I know it's always been back and forth. Credit NC State for giving us very good competition. They beat us last year, credit to them. They had a great quarterback room, great receivers, great everything. This is a new year, and obviously, they still have a great team. We're preparing a lot. Knowing going into this game—that they beat us last year—they have an edge over us since I've been here. But, we take it day by day with them, just to make sure that we prepare well and are ready to play Saturday.”

On his overall assessment of the defense thus far:

“I've seen a great defense. We continue to stack days. We were not satisfied with the way we lost against Georgia. We came right back on Monday. The guys had a different mindset. We flushed that game and came in ready to focus on App State that week. We changed a few things when it comes to preparation, and everybody was locked in, nobody fell apart. After the game, we all looked at each other like, we're gonna be a good team; we're gonna be a good defense.”

On how DL can compile more sacks:

“Game plan, the way we have to. Obviously, sometimes it can't go our way, we can't control if a quarterback throws the ball quick, or they run a certain scheme. We have to keep playing our game, and they'll come to us.”

On preparation for two QBs:

“Just trust the game plan and tend to both play styles. We've just been watching a lot of tape on both of them. Just to make sure that we're ready for both. 

Discussion from...

T.J. Parker Explains how the Tigers will Prepare for N.C. State

183 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Staff Reports
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.