Story Poster
Clemson Football

FINAL: No. 3 Clemson 52, Wake Forest 3

November 16, 2019

Feel the difference - The best user experience on mobile devices or personal computers. Avoid clickbait and sites bloated with advertising!  Join us today for just $1 or get a full year for $63.17.

Register for a FREE ACCOUNT today and you are entered to win a LIMITED EDITION Clemson football. ← Learn More

GAME DAY: No. 3 CLEMSON vs WAKE FOREST

Clemson: Roster | Depth Chart Schedule | Twitter
Wake Forest: Roster | News |  Twitter | Game Notes

Game Week Articles

We will be chatting LIVE in this thread during today’s game. Come hang out with the Clemson Sports Talk staff.

Watch, Listen and Read

Game: 3:30 p.m. Death Valley - Clemson, SC
TV: ABC 
Radio: Fox Sports Radio 1400
Game Week Coverage: Clemson vs. Wake Forest Stories

Game Week Must See

CLEMSON FOOTBALL & RECRUITING COVERAGE
Join today for just $1.00

The Storylines

Clemson will take to Frank Howard Field at Memorial Stadium one final time in 2019 in search of a school-record 22nd consecutive home win when the team hosts Wake Forest later today. The contest will be Clemson's first since clinching the ACC Atlantic Division last week at NC State to earn its fifth consecutive ACC Championship Game berth, a first in conference history.

This week, Clemson can become only the second program in conference annals to finish back-to-back years with an 8-0 record in regular-season conference play.

Prior to the game, Clemson will honor its 2019 senior class with Senior Day festivities. Presently, Clemson's seniors hold a 51-3 overall record in the last four years, standing as one of only five senior classes in FBS history to post at least 51 career wins in four years. The group is 26-1 in Death Valley, 29-2 in ACC regular-season play (32-2 against the ACC overall) and has spent its entire tenure in the AP Top 10, including an active streak of 34 consecutive appearances in the AP Top 5.

While much discussion of Clemson's 2019 season has centered around its opponents, the program has adhered to its belief that "it's about how we play, not who we play." Clemson has dominated the vast majority of its opponents even when accounting for opponent strength. This season, Clemson's defense is limiting its FBS opponents to 42.0 percent of their season averages in points and 62.5 percent of their season averages in yards. Meanwhile, Clemson's offensive production would equal 145.1 percent of opponents' season averages in points allowed and 126.2 percent of their season averages in yards allowed.

Spend this evening’s game with us in this thread! Brandon Stockdale will be holding down the fort along with the rest of the CST Staff.

FINAL: No. 3 Clemson 52, Wake Forest 3

6,627 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Lawton Swann
1bstockdale
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Good afternoon everyone! Hope everyone is ready to roll as Clemson suits up for the final time in 2019.
DaveyD23
Hey what's up guys? GO TIGERS!!!!
1bstockdale
Staff
Amari Rodgers with the good kick return, but he's on the sideline being looked at by the trainers. Meanwhile, Trevor and Co. move it quickly in just a few plays to go up 7-0.
DaveyD23
ETN is showing some power!
1bstockdale
Staff
Yeah, this one is looking to be a repeat of last week up in Raleigh. Tigers in complete control early.
DaveyD23
Not sure I've ever seen us run a tight end screen before. That is unless it was in the Jordan Leggett era
Lawton Swann
Staff
This team is on some kind of roll man....they put 14-0 on the board before you can blink.
Lawton Swann
Staff
1bstockdale
Staff
Tanner Muse is having himself quite a good senior day. An interception earlier and now a sack.
DaveyD23
Let's put together a good scoring drive here fellas
1bstockdale
Staff
That touchdown throw from Lawrence is the best one I've seen from him all day. Little bit of a sluggish half offensively after the fast start but the defense continues to play well
DaveyD23
Wake has been doing a good job of getting pressure on Trevor. Glad to see us finish the half strong
DaveyD23
Any word on Justyn Ross?
Lawton Swann
Staff
Amari Rodgers and Justyn Ross will not return to the game. Additional information will come after the game.
Lawton Swann
Staff
DaveyD23
Seemed Amari was holding his collarbone/shoulder area after that long punt return. I thought I saw him come back in the game and run across for a fake toss sweep. As for Ross, announcers said they thought it was his wrist but my worry was his hip because I believe he sat out a game to heal up a hip that was bothering him. Hopefully both are just banged up a bit
Lawton Swann
Staff
I'm not sure what to think about how Clemson is beating teams to a pulp. Clemson is certainly an elite level program, but this is getting ridiculous. It's hard to believe what the TIgers are doing against everyone who gets in their way.
Lawton Swann
Staff
1bstockdale
Staff
Another week, another Clemson cruise to wrap up the 2019 home game season against Wake. I'm with Lawton on his earlier point about how absurd it's getting that Clemson continues to crush everyone in their way with relative ease.

Well, Clemson's off next week before the big rivalry against South Carolina in Columbia on Thanksgiving weekend. We'll have more coverage from Clemson's win a bit later.
Lawton Swann
Staff
Final Stats:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.