Story Poster
Clemson Football

Clemson linebacker ends career after multiple ACL surgeries

July 27, 2020

Register this week, and you will be entered to win a LIMITED EDITION Clemson football and a Clemson Sports Talk National Champions t-shirt.

Former four-star linebacker prospect Bryton Constantin‍ rocketed up the recruiting charts before landing at Clemson. However, his once-promising career came to a halt today after he announced via Twitter that his playing days are finished. 

Constantin, who has been sidelined during his time at Clemson due to constant knee issues, announced that he is giving up football, but staying in Tiger Town as a student.

In a post on social media, Constantin said:

“Thank you God for allowing football to take me this far in life, but everything must come to an end eventually. As many of you know I’ve been battling 3 ACL surgeries over the past 1 ½ years and it has slowly taken away my passion to step on the field again. It has also made me think of my future health a lot more and look out for myself in 10+ years. With that being said, I’ll be stepping away from playing this game. I will still be enrolled at Clemson, and on the team but just helping out in other ways.”

Coming out of high school, Constantin, 6’2, 220-pounds was trending towards playing in Brent Venables’ system as an outside linebacker, or even more the nickel-hybrid spot that was most recently played by Isaiah Simmons. 

Discussion from...

Clemson linebacker ends career after multiple ACL surgeries

4,532 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Staff Reports
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.