Story Poster
Photo by © Ken Ruinard-USA TODAY Sports
Clemson Football

FINAL: Clemson 30, Louisville 24

November 6, 2021

Feel the difference - The MOST DIGITAL CONTENT covering your CLEMSON TIGERS! Avoid clickbait and sites bloated with advertising! Subscribe to our site and YouTube Channel today!

GAME DAY: CLEMSON at LOUISVILLE

Clemson: Roster | Depth Chart Schedule | Twitter
Louisville: Roster | News |  Twitter | Schedule

Game Week Articles

Watch, Listen and Read

GAME: 7:30 P.M. ET • Cardinal Stadium • Louisville, KY
TV: ACC Network

AVAILABILITY REPORT: Among players listed on Clemson’s weekly depth chart released on Monday, the following player is not expected to be available for today’s game: S Tyler Venables. Clemson’s travel roster for the contest is attached.

Game Week Coverage: 

Clemson vs. Louisville Stories

CLEMSON FOOTBALL & RECRUITING COVERAGE
Join today for just $1.00

Clemson is attempting to score at least 40 points in five straight games in a series with a single opponent for only the third time in school history. Clemson scored 42, 47, 77, and 45 points in its last four meetings with Louisville. Clemson scored at least 40 in six straight games against Presbyterian from 1947-52, in five straight games against SC State from 2008-21, and in four straight games against The Citadel from 2008-20. Louisville was the first current FBS program against which Clemson scored 40 points in four consecutive games in a series.

Spend this afternoon’s game with the CST Staff in this thread!

FINAL: Clemson 30, Louisville 24

6,940 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Lawton Swann
1bstockdale
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Good evening everyone! Clemson and Louisville will get going in about 20 minutes in the Derby City. Stay tuned for more updates and analysis throughout the evening.
1bstockdale
Staff
Louisville receives the opening kickoff and we are underway from the Derby City.
Lawton Swann
Staff
Welcome, welcome, welcome!

On the record...I think D.J. Uiagalelei plays well tonight. I'll eat my words if I'm wrong.
1bstockdale
Staff
A facemask penalty on Nolan Turner adds 15 yards to a first down completion on 3rd down. Louisville scores on the very next play with a 26-yard TD run from Jalen Mitchell up the gut and Louisville leads 7-0 with 12:08 to go in the first quarter.
Lawton Swann
Staff
1bstockdale
Staff
Now can Clemson's offense come out and start fast? Would expect them to go with the hot hand with Will Shipley.
1bstockdale
Staff
Kobe Pace gets the start for the Tigers at running back.
1bstockdale
Staff
And the Tigers strike quickly -- 46-yard strike on the inside post from DJU to Beaux Collins, and that's what Clemson's offense has been missing all year: the big plays. So refreshing to see. We are tied at 7 with 11:09 to play in the first.
Lawton Swann
Staff
1bstockdale
Staff
Looks like Malik Cunningham was down on the scramble there and was short of the first down. And Clemson will avoid another houdini act two weeks in a row.
1bstockdale
Staff
Will Shipley caught the pass on the angle route but he's well short of the first down and Clemson will punt. Marcus Tate whiffed on the block that would've sprung him free. 8:17 to play in the first with Louisville taking over deep in their own territory. Tied at 7.
Lawton Swann
Staff
Lawton Swann
Staff
1bstockdale said:

Will Shipley caught the pass on the angle route but he's well short of the first down and Clemson will punt. McFadden whiffed on the block that would've sprung him free. 8:17 to play in the first with Louisville taking over deep in their own territory. Tied at 7.
I think that was Marcus Tate-- but yes.
1bstockdale
Staff
Timeout Clemson. They are facing 3rd and 11 when play resumes. Louisville is doing a good job of getting push on the Clemson DL right now.
1bstockdale
Staff
Clemson is forced to punt. DJ tried to put that throw into a window that wasn't there and Louisville has the ball now on the move.
1bstockdale
Staff
Will Brown muffs the punt after one of the blockers for Clemson bumps into to him. Louisville maintains possession.
1bstockdale
Staff
Malik Cunningham goes down the left sideline on the option keeper and the Cards cash in on the takeaway. 27-yard TD run. Louisville leads 14-7 with 1:16 to play in the first.
BradyH
I hope I'm wrong but:

We may be witnessing the evolution of CFB and the staleness of Dabo Swinney. Doing things the way we do them simply because "that's the way we've always done it" is a recipe for being left behind.
1bstockdale
Staff
Louisville's Malik Cunningham has really impressed me with his ability to scramble and keep plays alive with his feet. The Cards kick a field goal to extend the lead to 17-7 with 10:32 to play before the half.
1bstockdale
Staff
DJU is in the injury tent as he came up on a limp after an incompletion on the last drive. Taisun P came in and executed the zone read game as Clemson got something out of the drive. 17-10 Louisville with 5:44 to play before the half.
Lawton Swann
Staff
Lawton Swann
Staff
1bstockdale
Staff
Kobe Pace paid the price for making the catch and is down after taking a hard hit
1bstockdale
Staff
Davis Allen was wide open on the TD grab and the Tigers tie the game at 17. Great play design there.
Lawton Swann
Staff
Lawton Swann
Staff
Huge final drive there by Clemson to wrap up the half.

1bstockdale
Staff
HALF: Clemson and Louisville are tied at 17. We'll see if the Tigers can create some separation in the second half. Offensively, I think they need to continue to implement the run game with Phil Mafah, hopefully Shipley can come back in the second half. Defensively, the defensive line has got to contain Malik Cunningham in the run game.
BradyH
Clemson and Louisville-Tied at Half.

Gamecocks and Florida- Gamecocks up by 20 with 45 sec left until half.

I hope Dabo realizes that if we lose to USC this year, someone will be fired. It won't be him for sure, but it will be someone on his staff.
Lawton Swann
Staff
BradyH said:

Clemson and Louisville-Tied at Half.

Gamecocks and Florida- Gamecocks up by 20 with 45 sec left until half.

I hope Dabo realizes that if we lose to USC this year, someone will be fired. It won't be him for sure, but it will be someone on his staff.
I'm not sure Mullen will make it back to Gainesville tonight. Wow.
Lawton Swann
Staff
BTW-- @BradyH - Thank you for supporting the site. I really appreciate it.
BradyH
Yes sir. Love what you all are doing and love the Tigers.

I wholeheartedly believe the program will turn around and be back on top.

I'm just voicing the frustrations that I feel and believe many of us feel right now.
1bstockdale
Staff
Not how you would like to start the second half. DJU is sacked and Louisville has the ball now as we're just getting started here in the second half.
1bstockdale
Staff
Man, once Malik Cunningham turns the corner he can make something happen and he's done that several times tonight. This one is a 51-yard run for a score. Louisville back out in front, 24-17 with 11:29 to play in the 3rd.
Lawton Swann
Staff
1bstockdale
Staff
Cunningham reminds me so much of Lamar Jackson.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.