Photo by ClemsonTigers.com
Clemson Football

D.J. Uiagalelei's confidence growing, says the 'game has slowed down'

September 17, 2022

TAKE ADVANTAGE → Get THREE MONTHS of coverage for just $1.

Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel today!

On keeping momentum after the first two games:

“It just starts each and every week, I think, just lean on the preparation. Coach Swinney says that a lot-- lean on the work I put in each and every week. Just preparing for each opponent, I think just going on and leaning on the confidence and preparation.”

On making the off-script plays:

“I think it's just feeling more, sometimes the play breaks down, and you gotta make a play. I kind of just treat it like backyard football.  Just get out there and make a play and just try to make the best play possible. I'm not really out there looking for that, but stuff breaks down, and I just feel the game.”

On Louisiana Tech: 

“I think the biggest challenge is always us, making sure we're cleaning up some mistakes from the second half (vs. Furman). Shooting ourselves in the foot, we need to keep the ball rolling and continue to make plays down the field. Louisiana Tech's a good team, they got a lot of good stuff, so it'll be a different challenge for us this week, but it'll be a good game plan, so we'll be ready to go.”

On how his game and confidence have changed:

“I think I'm a little more comfortable than I was last year, reading-wise and feeling the game. I feel calm out there-- the game has slowed down. feel like I definitely feel like I'm getting more comfortable each and every game as it goes on. I feel like I'm just going out there and playing free. Just having fun out there, and I definitely feel like I'm getting better. Each and every game, I'm getting better and getting more comfortable.”

On watching film:

“For me, that's always been the biggest part of my game. I feel like I put a lot of work into studying film, studying coverages. Studying what the defense does or studying other players. I love watching films. I could watch film all day long. I know if I didn't have classes, I'd be in the film room all day long.”

On route communication and improving the passing game:

“I feel like it's been good. I mean, a lot of plays, we have different stuff (communication) vs. different coverages. I feel like we've done a really good job. Receivers and quarterbacks have been on the same page. We worked a lot over the summer, and I feel like it's second nature now. So I feel like we've done a really good job with that.”

Discussion from...

D.J. Uiagalelei's confidence growing, says the 'game has slowed down'

1,185 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CU Athletic Communications
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.