Story Poster
Clemson Football Recruiting

2019 Linebacker was "shocked" at how quickly Clemson offered

February 17, 2018

Try Clemson Sports Talk Premium for $1

Earlier this week Clemson handed out an offer to 2019 3-star linebacker Keith Maguire Jr.‍ We sat down with the 6’2 220-pound prospect just a few days following Clemson's offer.

Maguire has offers from several big-time programs including Notre Dame and Ohio State. Clemson dropped the Pennsylvania native an offer just a day after Brent Venables put eyes on his film.

To view this content, you must be a Clemson Sports Talk Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial
Discussion from...

2019 Linebacker was "shocked" at how quickly Clemson offered

6,231 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Tigers Rise
Seldom Used Reserve
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I heard the interview on the podcast. You were right, Lawton. Kid sounded mature beyond his years.
Tigers Rise
Sounds like one of those Hunter Renfrow types. Undervalued, but really talented. Seems like a good find for Clemson.
Barnyard Bird
Great interview. I wonder if Penn State would ever offer him- if they do, does it seem like they might be a lock for his services? I'm not a fan of their coach, but he's won a lot of games in a short period of time.
Lawton Swann
Staff
That is a good question about Penn State.

He was really mature and I'd think that his decision will simply come down to where can I play and where can I win. I got a good vibe from him, but you never know. Recruiting is a funny thing. I've learned that more and more the past few months as we have increased out coverage.

Barnyard Bird
Do you think he can earn a fourth star?
Tigers Rise
Barnyard Bird said:

Do you think he can earn a fourth star?
I'd like to hear your take on that too!
Lawton Swann
Staff
I think it's too early to tell right now honestly. I'd say this- if more top offers come in, anything could happen. Give me a 3-star guy with a 5-star heart any day of the week.
Tigers Rise
No kidding!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.