Story Poster
Clemson Football Recruiting

5-star, top-rated 2020 quarterback picks Clemson

May 5, 2019

Clemson football added a huge piece to the 2020 recruiting class as No. 1 prospect and top quarterback D.J. Uiagalelei‍, committed to Clemson today. The Bellflower, California (St. John Bosco) native has been high on the Tigers for several months, with his decision ultimately coming down to Clemson and Oregon.

Clemson Sports Talk

Uiagalelei took a visit to Oregon last month, and the Ducks rolled out the red carpet, making a real push and leaving Tiger fans concerned.

But in the end, Oregon’s Polynesian connection and momentum on the recruiting trail wasn’t enough to push them past Clemson’s recent success and recruiting momentum of their own. Just last Friday, the Tigers landed one of the top running backs in the country in Demarkcus Bowman‍.

With those two prospects added into the mix Clemson’s offense looks like it is in good hands for the foreseeable future.

In a video broadcasted on YouTube, Uiagalelei stated, “I’m all in. Go Tigers.”

Uiagalelei possesses an incredible skill set, but maybe even more importantly, he seems to have the ear of several of the remaining top members in the 2020 class meaning that this could be a huge domino in a line of commitments over the next several months.

If that happens it would give Clemson their best recruiting class ever, and possibly the best recruiting class ever.

Several months ago when we talked with Uiagalelei and he told ClemsonSportsTalk.com that he felt Clemson was a great fit.

Clemson Sports Talk
Screenshot from Uiagalelei’s commitment video.

“I feel like I can be a great fit for the Tiger offense. One reason why I like Clemson is because the offense is a great fit (for me),” Uiagalelei mentioned at the time.

The California native becomes the 14th commit in the 2020 class and the fourth 5-star commitment in the group.

Now the clock begins to tick towards December and the early signing period for Clemson.

We'll have more on Uiagalelei's commitment later for our Premium subscribers.

Discussion from...

5-star, top-rated 2020 quarterback picks Clemson

5,376 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Staff Reports
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.