Story Poster
Photo by TexAgs.com
Clemson Football Recruiting

“Make sure they bring their popcorn, it’s going to be a show”

June 16, 2022

Avoid clickbait and sites bloated with advertising! 

TAKE ADVANTAGE → Get THREE MONTHS of coverage for just $1.

Four-star Noble Johnson‍ is Clemson’s latest 2023 receiver commit. The Rockwall, Texas pass-catcher navigated through a unique journey to Death Valley.

He started his football career as a running back before moving to receiver upon his arrival at Rockwall High School. Johnson initially struggled through a tough transition, “I was awful, I was so bad.” After working with well-known receiver trainer Margin Hooks, he began to impress as a sophomore on junior varsity. Johnson scored 27 touchdowns in five games before moving up to the varsity squad. His recruitment kicked off with an offer from Tennessee after the season.

Johnson’s stock skyrocketed in his first full year playing varsity football, “My junior year I went crazy… yeah, that’s really where it all started.” Johnson impressed coaches with a well-rounded skill set, including speed, natural quickness, and an ability to read defenses.

AUDIO EXCLUSIVE: 'Life outside of football' made Clemson stand out to Pennsylvania prospect

He blew up nationally after a video of him bench-pressing a cornerback on a stop-and-go route went viral. He picked up +10 offers in the aftermath of that play. When recalling the moment, Johnson said, “The corner just flies, and I’m like ‘oh wow that just happened’ - then ‘oh my God the ball is coming’ – so, I had to get back on my horses and I was just running from there.”

Clemson came into the picture for Johnson at the beginning of this year. Coach Tyler Grisham reached out to Johnson after his junior season.

Johnson was not initially very interested in traveling to camps this summer but chose to come to the Clemson camp after an invitation from Grisham. He immediately felt that the Tiger program was special because, “From the get-go, you could tell there’s no toxicity in the locker room, in the coaching staff, or between anyone- and they’re all there for each other. It’s just a big family and everyone wants to stay together.”

“I was looking over at my dad and I was like ‘this is really the Receiver U.’”
- Noble Johnson

Johnson was sold on the Clemson program after his meeting in Grisham’s office at camp, “Just talking about the statistics of Clemson’s offense… I was looking over at my dad and I was like ‘this is really the Receiver U.’”

Johnson is proud to bring his 4.4-second 40 speed, physicality, and route-running to Death Valley. He is an advanced receiver and noted, “I make very complicated catches. I can just break defenses apart; I can just pick them apart. It’s very exciting to watch me.”

When asked to give his message to Clemson fans, Johnson said, “Make sure they bring their popcorn, it’s going to be a show. As soon as I step out on that field, it’s going to be a show.”

Discussion from...

“Make sure they bring their popcorn, it’s going to be a show”

3,676 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lukewinstel
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.