Story Poster
Photo by DawgPost.com
Clemson Football Recruiting

Clemson lands commitment from top linebacker in The Peach State

May 19, 2020

Clemson has done it again, the Tigers reached into Georgia’s backyard and plucked another top player from the Peach State in four-star linebacker Barrett Carter‍. Carter’s commitment was covered by Fox 5 in Atlanta in a socially distanced affair.

Carter said before his commitment that, “They say the water is different at Clemson, and I can see that.” 

After speaking briefly about each school on his final list, Carter reached for the Clemson hat while stating, "I've decided to continue my academic and athletic career at Clemson University."

"I could visit Clemson a million times and before each visit l get butterflies. I think that feeling just can't go unnoticed with the school, so that's why," said Carter on his decision to become a Tiger. "There's such a great balance of academics and sports. It's a school that can balance both of those, and that's the kind of school I want to be with."

Georgia, once considered the favorite carrying a lot of momentum early on, saw their grip slipping away as the Tigers snagged the state’s No. 4 overall prospect. Carter selected Clemson over the Bulldogs, Ohio State, and Auburn.

Carter is a guy who can fly around the field and moves well in space. Gaining his commitment today helps put Clemson in a good spot at linebacker down the road as Carter’s biggest strengths will be tremendous assets in Brent Venables’ scheme.

The Bulldogs hosted Carter back in January, but sources say it was Carter’s trip to Clemson in early March that helped the Tigers take the lead.

The Tigers already have the commitment from Carter’s teammate and friend, four-star cornerback Jordan Hancock‍. The duo will now have the opportunity to continue to play together in Tiger Town.

Discussion from...

Clemson lands commitment from top linebacker in The Peach State

8,271 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Staff Reports
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.